Monday, March 17, 2008

Chip housing unit...

I got tired of my chip floating around not really attached to anything so I made it a housing unit. I don't have any pictures as yet as I am waiting on the arival of a camera. But to make it I used cardboard, duct tape, sticky tack, scissors (for better accuracy something better than the kitchen shears that I used), and a pen.
  1. Place the Ardunio chip on a peice of card board and trace with a pen.
  2. Cut on the outline.
  3. Measure the chip length wise, marking where to cut for the sides.
  4. Repeat for front and back panels. be sure to mark port openings on the front panel
  5. Cut out all the peices
  6. Now use the sticky tack to affix the chip to the bottom peice
  7. Attach the sides with duct tape, (I used clear, but any color will do)
  8. Now I cut a rectangular section and attached it to the bottom with peices sticking out of the sides of the enclosure so that I could use sticky tack to affix it to my bredboard on either side (or the top or bottom) to allow for versatility. also the spare hanging edge is working well as a USB cable holder. You could also make the bottom peice larger to start with, but I didn't think of this until after I was done.

Soon I will take pictures of it and post them.

No comments: